The Independent Bankers Association of New York State, on behalf of all Independent Community Banks in New York speaks with one voice in asking all news sources, government officials and politicians to stop lumping Main Street New York community banks in with all other banks and lenders, Wall Street included. After all, community bankers lend funds locally to credit worthy borrowers, funds that local depositors have entrusted to them. Let us not, through generalization of all banks, undermine the confidence of the businesses, residents, schools and churches toward these generational stalwarts of our communities, the “Champions of Main Street”, New York Independent Community Banks.
The Independent Bankers Association of New York State, Inc. is the single focused voice of independent community banks in New York State since 1974.
- Community banks keep the community growing and vibrant by reinvesting back into the neighborhoods where their depositors live, work and play.
- Community banks understand the needs of local families and small businesses.
- Community banks are personal – with exceptional customer service, and tellers that know you by name.
- Community banks care – involvement in community affairs and outreach that benefit local families and businesses.
- Community banks are accessible – with more opportunities to interact one-on-one with bank officers.